DO YOU KNOW HOW TO USE EVERYDAY AND EVERY DAY?
This is the most common mistake we find students or writers making today. The word everyday is an adjective and so you will notice that it is seen before the noun it denotes. On the other hand every day is an adverb.
The meaning of everyday is= ordinary, normal, commonplace. It can also refer to activity that is done daily.
- You should wear a stylish costume for the occasion, not just an everyday one.
- In everyday language you will see use of simple words.
- In our everyday life we make some many mistakes.
Every day means each day. It can also carry a meaning regularly.
- You should pray to God every day.
- I go to the river side every day.
- I go to work every day except Sunday which is a holiday.
- I study every day in the morning at least 2 hrs.